30 Days, 30 Duas.
I have yet to, in my life, manage to post continuously for a thirty day stretch, but in the followup of an inspirational and much-needed pre-Ramadan meeting with my awesome circle of friends, I will now try.
How many of Allah’s names do you know? I’m testing myself here, no cheating. Translations based on what I remember. Here I go:
- Allah – God, with the Capital G
- Ar-Rahman – The Merciful
- Al-Latif – The Subtle
- Al-Man’3u- The Preventer of Harm
- Al-Khabeer – The Informed
- Al- Wadud – The Loving
- Ash-Shakoor – The Grateful (not sure how to translate this- Allah is gracious in His thanks?)
- Al-Jameel – The Beautiful
- Al-Mujeeb – The Answerer (of prayers)
- Al-Ghafoor – The Forgiving
- Al- Khaaliq – The Creator
Ok, I made it to 11 before trying to mentally pull up a dusty old record in my head from Ramadan in Pakistan as a child, many moons ago. Given that there are 99 names of Allah, 11 is kind of…sad. So my Ramadan goal for this blog is this: I will, InshaAllah, post one personal dua a day based on a name of Allah. InshaAllah, by the end of Ramadan I should then know 30 of them, instead of 11. InshaAllah. 🙂